Thursday, January 23, 2014

So the client gave me some feedback

Last week I facilitated a workshop at CYLK in Chapel St, Melbourne on how to achieve 57 outfits with only 12 pieces in the wardrobe.  On the night I made a special offer for attendees to book a one on one express shopping session in store with me for some independant advice.  A number of people took up the offer.  Here's what happened with one of them.

She didn't book on the night.  It was too hot and she went home.  The next day an email arrived suggesting I would probably not be able to help her, a retired professional.  She assumed I worked with corporate women only.  Wrong!  I sent her a couple of documents to help me to get to know her and then booked in a brief coaching session prior to meeting.

She nervously ran through the questions I had asked.  She didn't come up for air.  I asked a couple of dynamite questions that turned the conversation around as to why she was seeking some styling advice and it was 'game on' from that point.

We met at CYLK and the rapport was instant.  I asked her to bring in a couple of garments she never wears and a couple that are her 'go to pieces'.  I provided instant feedback on why some worked and why the other will never work for her.  She was amazed.  I showed her how to identify if a colour, fabric and shape is working or not.  She loved that little trick!


Next I had her rocking an above the knee black skirt and she admitted she was uncomfortable yet prepared to step outside of her comfort zone.  It was that important to her to get some advice to stay fresh and current.  I kept her in the skirt to allow it to grow on her and selected 4 tops to go over it.  She learned about fit vs flow on her body composition and why that matters at her stage in life.

We discussed accessories, her hair and where to find the best shoes for travel.  Oh, we discussed so much more in the hour and a bit we spent together for $247.  After using the $50 workshop voucher, her session was only $197.

So here's what she said:

Dear Helen

Just a brief email to say how very much I enjoyed our session this afternoon.

As you know, I had never done anything like that before so I was quite out of my comfort zone, but you were very affirming and encouraging, and full of excellent suggestions.  I came away feeling really energised, and feeling that I could put into practice a number of the suggestions which you had made.

I also came away with a list of many of the garments which I had tried on.  I'm thinking about that list overnight, and will go back and purchase some items later this week.

I should note too that you were extremely generous with your time, and I am grateful for that.  You gave me well and beyond what I had paid for.  Thank you for that generosity.

I look forward to receiving by email the notes and suggestions which you made.

Again, many thanks for a most productive and enjoyable session.

Sincerely
Jane"

Is it any wonder I love the impact this work has on my beautiful clients????  Of course not.  She felt honoured and respected because that's the intention I set prior to speaking with her on the phone.  One of my little rituals.  It works.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment