Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Distracted .......


I found myself watching an interesting TED talk on you tube recently.  An American speaker, bloody brilliant really.  Her message is all about brand strategy.  Pretty good stuff.  She's energetic, no bulltish and some really good content comes out of her mouth.  This lady knows her stuff, that's for sure.  Impressive.

Distraction ....

I had to restart the you tube .... you see, I got distracted - visually. 

Not by the tattoo sleeve on her left arm.  I'm a big fan of body art.  Express yourself - go ahead.  I have.

The strappy dress didn't distract me either.  It was the amount of flesh exposed vs the black dress.  On noticing my reaction, I was quite shocked at my lack of focus in paying attention to what she was saying.  I had to dig deeper to wake up to what was going on in my brain.  Human beings are highly visual.  I can't possibly hear what you are saying when I am distracted visually.

You see, with the filter that I wear (and yes, we all have one) I believe that delivering a TED Talk is one of those amazing opportunities to be respected and treasured.  Indeed, it is on my bucket list as one of the things I will tick off before I kick the bucket.

No Distraction
Check out the difference between these images.  Still a black strappy dress, but this one has more balance between flesh and dress.

Consider the possibility that you may have an awesome message, and no-one is listening to you because they are .....  distracted.

Post a comment if you have an opinion.  Otherwise, don't!



No comments:

Post a Comment