Monday, October 22, 2012

In the Wardrobe with --- Tracey Habron


Tracey Habron is a classy, smart and sexy lady with a confidence that comes to a woman when she is on the glorious side of 40.  She is an IT Professional, Entrepreneur who works with women over 45 who want to look HOT for men and she is an amazingly talented Burlesque Performer.



But right now, let’s get into her wardrobe and find out what’s really going on in there!


How would you define your style?

I’m a Relaxed Classic.  My garments must be comfortable or I won’t wear them.  I love classic styles, quality fabric and perfect fit.   I tend not to follow fashion or trends.  

Due to my height challenge (I am 5’2”” or 159cm), I will wear one statement piece only and more often that not, it’s in the form of a shoe.   

I love shoes!  My wardrobe has 69 pairs of them (21 of these are Burlesque shoes).


How do you decide if an item makes it into your collection?

1950's Body Shape
Colour is the first thing that will catch my eye.  Proportions need to be right, fabric quality must be good and then I factor in the cost of alterations because absolutely everything I buy must be altered to fit.  Bust 10, Waist 8, Hip 12 and then factor in an F cup for my bust and you can see why shopping for garments is no mean feat!

The garment MUST be unique but not weird.  I don’t want to look like everyone else.  I recently stopped using a handbag I had purchased in Paris because it became poplar in Melbourne and it seemed every third person was carrying it.

When I bring a new item into my collection, my policy is that I move one on.  This policy is not yet enforced in the coat department as I am still building up my collection although when I purchased a beautiful new black trench coat, I did move a not as stunning black trench coat out of my wardrobe.

I love wearing dresses.  It’s effortless.  Pop it on, top it with a coat and a shoe and I’m done!  The dress must be a good quality and the fabric needs to have some movement in it.


Favorite Dress!
Tell us about your favorite item?

A little black dress which is actually navy blue.  It’s incredibly versatile in that I can use it for the office, lunch, cocktail party, office to evening dinner.    

I love it so much I have replaced it.  I team it with a navy suede shoe and it looks and feels stunning!   

Every woman has a black dress – mine is navy.  I have had it for 3 years now, paid $200 for it and wear it at least 3 times per month.  This brings the cost per wear down to $2.


Where do you shop?

I’m not addicted to any one fashion designer.  I’m incredibly loyal to my own style direction and what serves me for who I am and my lifestyle.  I do love Vintage markets and will buy online at Nordstrom’s in USA to replace items that are tried and tested and I like to see what’s happening in Europe at the Style by Wesson events.  I am loving vintage markets lately and finding 1950’s party dresses are great because they fit.  I have the perfect 1950’s body!  I found this fabulous leather vintage bag for $35.  The workmanship is perfect.  I love it!


How do you organize your wardrobe?

By category of evening clothes, dresses, jackets, coats, even suits are separated.  This allows me to create new combinations and easily find what I need very quickly.  I use flock lined coat hangers so my garments don’t slip.  Basket storage drawers allow me to keep all items neatly stored so I can access them quickly. 

Tracey is a power shopper.  What I mean by this is that she can walk into a store and quickly work out what will work and what won’t.  She knows her own style and is very clear on what she will and won’t compromise on.  Smart lady! 

Well, I have to confess I was amazed at Tracey’s admission of her favorite wardrobe item being that navy dress when I could not take my eyes off some of the amazing vintage pieces and absolutely divine coats.  I could lose myself for hours  ……  This lady’s wardrobe is truly a treasure trove – a very special and beautiful place to be.  In Oprah’s words “Every woman deserves to have a wardrobe like that, every woman!”

Tracey, thank you for allowing us into your wardrobe.  It’s been a joy!  If you would like to know more about Tracey’s amazing work with women, connect with her here on Facebook

If you would like Image Quest's guidelines on how to organise your wardrobe, email info@imagequest.com.au to request it.  Love to hear YOUR fab wardrobe tips now.  Don't keep me hanging ......  Post a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment